Cold Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup all natural creamy peanut butter, brought to room temperature
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 to 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup water
- spaghetti or thin spaghetti (cooked, drained, and cooled)
- thinly sliced cucumber
- crushed peanuts
- hot oil or sriracha
1. Stir together peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, vinegar, and garlic in a medium sized bowl, or tupperware (for easy storage). Stir in water to desired consistency. Stir until smooth, which may take a little while. You can make this sauce several days before and just store in the fridge till you are using. Just don’t dress the noodles until ready to serve.
2. Drizzle peanut sauce on noodles. Garnish with cucumber, crushed peanuts, and hot oil or sriracha if desired. You can serve in one giant family bowl or in seperate bowls/plates. Mix right before eating.
For a more substantial dish, serve it with grilled shrimp, chicken, or tofu.