“It’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time!”- Oatmeal Bar Cookie with Peanut Butter, Jelly and Honey
When I was in college I was part of a sorority (ok- laugh it up). In my sorority house, we had a chef that made the most amazing peanut butter spread. It was seriously incredible. I was really craving “Linda’s Peanut Butter Spread” this morning but needed something delish to accompany it. I found a great low-fat oatmeal cookie bar recipe that went perfectly with this spread.
What You Need:
For the Cookies:
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl, set aside
- In another bowl combine the applesauce, brown sugar, corn syrup, egg white and vanilla, stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquids, mix well.
- Grease (I used a non-stick cooking spray)a 9x15 inch cookie sheet, spread batter on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares yield depends on size of squares.
For the Peanut Butter Spread:
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Strawberry Preserves
1 Tbsp Blueberry Preserves
1 Tbsp Honey
1. Mix the peanut butter, jellies and honey in a small bowl until smooth. Spread the mixture onto the cooled oatmeal cookie bars.
*This mixture is perfect for any sandwich, cracker (awesome on matzoh), or just by the spoonful!
**Perfect recipe for my girl FyeahPeanutbutter!